Make the most of your child’s potential.
Pre-K through 5th grade are the most formative years for your child. At Govans, we’re early childhood and elementary education experts in creating the best foundation for learning and life.
We’re the only school in the surrounding communities focused solely on Pre-K through 5th grade. Everything we do from our curriculum and facilities to our robust after school opportunities and highly experienced staff focuses on exactly what your child needs:
- To gain confidence
- To be known and loved
- To learn to love learning
- To ignite curiosity and dreams
Our school community is welcoming, nurturing, safe, and fun—just what an elementary school should be.
We’ve been the heart of the Govans community since 1931. We’re proud to be a neighborhood charter school operated by the Baltimore Curriculum Project, Maryland’s largest operator of neighborhood charter schools, since 2015.
We’re a different type of charter school. Other charter schools are lottery only. We serve our neighborhood zone first, then we go to a lottery.
- Pre-K-5th only, ESOL all grades
- State-of-the art school building, built in 2021
- Small group instruction and additional adult supervision in every classroom
- Enrichment classes in P.E., library, visual, performing and media arts
- Restorative Practices for relationship-building and problem-solving
- Robust afterschool programs, including clubs and sports
- Community school with extensive family support
Govans Elementary School and the Baltimore Curriculum Project, along with Baltimore City Public Schools, commits to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment of learning for all students, families, and employees.